The Facilities Associates at Plimoth Patuxet Museums (PPM) are responsible for maintaining an assigned group of classrooms, restrooms, offices and related function areas and buildings in a clean and orderly manner to ensure a safe and clean work environment for our guests and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sweep, Scrub, Mop, Strip and wax floors, Vacuum and shampoo carpet.
- Sanitize all areas of the campus according to PPM procedure and protocol.
- Clean and dust woodwork, desks, cabinets and tables.
- Wash Windows and walls.
- Empty and clean waste receptacles and recycle bins.
- Clean restrooms
- Stock supplies
- Set-up furniture and equipment, for special events and meetings.
- Perform minor repairs to buildings, fixtures and equipment.
- Report sanitary and safety hazards.
- Clean outdoor stairs, patios, and walkways.
- Learn and apply new cleaning methods to help perform cleaning duties in an efficient, organized and timely manner.
- Ability to learn CPR and First aid
- Provide a friendly and welcoming presence for all guests and coworkers throughout the Museum.
- Will support the Museum's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy.
- Ability to work various day and evening rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays a must.
This outline description focuses on the primary duties of the position. It is not designed nor intended to include all duties and responsibilities inherent in satisfactory performance of the position. Management reserves the right to revise this job description from time to time as needed.
- Ability to properly use cleaning supplies and equipment in accordance with PPM standards.
- Ability to maintain tools and equipment as assigned in accordance with PPM standards.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Prior Maintenance and cleaning experience preferred, but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Safely perform heavy lifting/pushing/pulling of various equipment and materials. Safely operate hand and power equipment. While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, crouch, kneel, climb or sit. Must be able to lift, carry and place various types of furniture in frequent use for functions. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Work is regularly performed in a combination of environments – mostly outdoors in various kinds of weather (hot, humid, cold, snowing, raining).
The workplace is not climate controlled. This position requires indoor and outdoor work in a variety of conditions. Work may be performed in dusty and smoky environments; in poorly lit areas; near open fires. The noise level in the workplace varies from quiet to loud.
Whether part-time or full-time, year-round or seasonal, all staff and volunteers at Plimoth Patuxet Museums advance the Museum’s educational mission and strategic goals. They uphold the Museum’s core values and principles in their work and in all of their interactions with the public and with coworkers. This commitment helps to ensure that Plimoth Patuxet’s reputation for excellence is maintained and that, as stewards of the Museum, we are helping to create a relevant and sustainable future for Plimoth Plantation. The core principles that guide us in our work are:
- Safety and Comfort
- Compassionate Customer Engagement
- Professional Excellence
- Personal Accountability
- Advance a Culture of Philanthropy
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting a PDF file of your resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by submitting them by US mail to the following address:
Plimoth Patuxet Museums
Attn: Human Resources
137 Warren Avenue
Plymouth, MA 02360