Plimoth Patuxet Museums is looking for a Staff Accountant / Payroll Coordinator to join our finance team.
You will be responsible for performing general bookkeeping, processing bi-weekly payroll, assisting the Finance Director with the monthly close, financial reporting and with analyzing budgets. A strong work ethic, and attention to detail are a must. Experience in a non-profit accounting department is a plus!
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with monthly close including preparing and recording journal entries, analyzing G/L accounts, recording adjusting journal entries and accruing expenses each month
- Prepare analysis and balance sheet reconciliation of various accounts
- Assist with the annual audit process, working closely with internal constituents and external auditors to ensure that reports sent are free from errors in a timely manner.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and address all issues and concerns in an effective and timely manner maintaining employees’ hourly rates, salaries, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- Maintain required payroll documentation and coordinates issue of physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to timesheet or payroll errors or final discharge.
- Assist the Finance Manager and CAO with developing annual operating and capital budgets, multi-year budget models for revenue and expense
- Analyze financial reports and budget to actual reports for discrepancies and variance analysis
- Assist with Sales Tax return preparation and filing with management review
- Provide back up for A/P and A/R clerks
- Assist in monthly cash reconciliations
- Associate’s degree in accounting, finance or related discipline, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 years accounting experience, Non Profit experience preferred.
- 1+ years payroll experience, ADP preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Payroll: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting a PDF file of your resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by submitting them by US mail to the following address:
Plimoth Patuxet Museums
Attn: Human Resources
137 Warren Avenue
Plymouth, MA 02360