Be Part of History in your Community!
Do you have an open mind and enjoy engaging with people who share a common passion for history, lifelong learning, and community engagement? Join our Volunteer & Museum Guides Program! Volunteers & Museum Guides work in support of and alongside our staff fulfilling the Museum's mission to provide powerful personal encounters with history.
Our volunteers are:
- Guides on the Living History exhibits
- Caretakers of historic gardens and landscapes
- Greeters, golf cart drivers, and ushers at the Plimoth Cinema
- Makers & innovators in the Marine Shop and at the Plimoth Grist Mill
- Special programs and event support
- Behind-the-scenes alongside our curators and historians
...And so much more! You don't need to be a formally trained historian to get involved at Plimoth Patuxet. All Volunteers & Museum Guides should be curious, enthusiastic, and eager to learn new things. The volunteer schedule is flexible and includes seasonal and weekend shifts.
Applications for the 2022 Season have closed.
We hope you`ll join us for the 2023 season! Applications for all available volunteer opportunities will open this winter in preparation for Opening Day for Plimoth Patxuet's 76th season on April 1, 2023. Below are some important dates:
- Volunteer Applications Open: December, 2022
- Museum Guides 2023 Application Deadline: February 10, 2023.
- Spring Volunteer Application Deadline (starting April 1): March 17, 2023
- Fall Volunteer Application Deadline (Starting September 11): September 8, 2023
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Volunteer Information Session
Interested in becoming a volunteer? Sign up for a Volunteer Information Session. You`ll have a chance to meet with volunteer team leads from across the Museum and learn more about volunteer opportunities for the 2023 season to decide what may be the right fit for you. Multiple dates are available.
Already a Volunteer?
Thank you for sharing your time with us!