We Are Open!
FRESH AIR AND FUN AWAIT YOU!
Please note that this page will be updated frequently to reflect the most current information.
With more than 30 acres to stroll, outdoor living history exhibits, gardens, and rare breeds animals to enjoy, a visit to Plimoth Patuxet is sure to bring you good cheer! Our creative and talented staff will meet physical distancing requirements while still providing engaging programs, presentations and conversations. We appreciate your understanding of the new measures we’re taking to support visitor and staff safety.
We are grateful for your support of Plimoth’s mission, especially during these challenging times for cultural organizations. We are honored to be able to bring you a change of perspective, a respite from the daily news, some fresh air and simply a fun day out!
How to prepare for your arrival
- You can purchase tickets once you arrive, or in advance. You can find details about exhibit hours and prices here.
As of April 30, 2021, the Museum will not require visitors to wear masks outdoors as long as they are able to maintain the recommended six-foot physical distance from staff and other parties. This policy is made in accordance with state guidelines.
Please note that when entering a building, including structures on our living history sites and Mayflower II, we ask that all visitors, per Massachusetts policy, wear masks or cloth face coverings that completely cover the nose and mouth unless doing so would be contrary to the visitor’s health and safety due to a medical condition. If you’ve forgotten your mask, we have available for purchase basic disposable masks as well as 100% cotton cloth masks. Please observe six-foot physical distancing between your party and other parties.
- Please read the signs posted which will indicate one-way traffic and other helpful reminders.
- In our Visitor Center you can purchase tickets or memberships. Also in the Vistor Center you’ll find restrooms, our museum gift shop and Plentiful Café. You are also welcome to bring your own snacks and non-alcoholic beverages.
- The Museum will be cleaning and disinfecting restrooms frequently.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the Museum. You may want to consider bringing your own for your convenience.
- If you or someone in your party is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms as defined by the CDC, or if you believe you have been exposed to the coronavirus, please do not visit at this time.
About Our Safety Protocols
We’ve been hard at work ensuring that Plimoth Patuxet is ready to welcome you and provide as safe an environment as possible! You can rest assured that our COVID-19 Safety Plan follows the requirements provided by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ Mandatory Workplace Safety Standards for Physical Distancing; Hygiene Protocols; Staffing and Operations; and Cleaning and Disinfecting.
- Indoors and outdoors, we’re requiring employees, and all visitors to to maintain, as often as possible, a distance of 6 ft. between themselves and others. Signage throughout the Museum will let you know about safe physical distancing.
- We are operating all of our facilities under capacity restrictions as specified in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' Reopening Guidelines. We are monitoring all ticket sales to ensure capacity restrictions are maintained.
- We’re requiring cloth face coverings or masks for all employees and guests.
- Handwashing and sanitizing capabilities can be found throughout your Museum visit.
- Our facilities and maintenance team is regularly sanitizing high touch areas and has amplified our already strong cleaning protocols.
- Our staff have received training on physical distancing and hygiene protocols, and employees who are displaying any COVID-19-like symptom will not report to work.